Thursday, February 16, 2012

Graduate Students Networking Reception

I attended a reception tonight to help "advise" graduate students on career paths and choices. Thanks for all those that enjoy my blog and find it helpful. Thanks for all those who stopped and chatted with me. All of you reminded me of how I was before the whole career experience. Unsure, tired, but excited to face the unknown with new questions. I am happy these functions exist now for grad students, as the option into academia is the road less taken. For those trying for academia, do not give up! Read about the hidden secrets of an academic career in my blog and other resources and find other mentors. Opting for industry? Talk to people already there and how they got their jobs.

The take home message today was: network and find those mentors.

Thank-you to the organizers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews